During a walk through the 1st district, you see a lot of
beautiful architecture and many sights.
If it gets too hot, you can take a refreshing dip in the Donau –
for example at the Donauinsel.
Subway: U2 until Donaustadtbrücke
Local cuisine and Viennese coffee houses
For a coffee break or a nice local
many beautiful coffee houses or restaurants.
These are some of our favorites:
Gasthaus zur Stadt Krems
We are lucky enough to have friends at great restaurants / bars. Pay them a visit and say hi:
- Unger & Klein: Nice and central wine bar, in which our friend Toni can recommend you the best wines 🙂
- Reisinger’s: Family restaurant of our friends Adelheid, Michael and Max, where you can enjoy Mediterranean-Austrian cuisine
- Mozart & Meisl: In this modern “Beisl” our friend Alex cooks the most delicious Viennese dishes
- Ellas (Judenplatz): Moritz’ cousin Christoph cooks here
The area around the Hotel zum Brillantengrund is perfect to wander around and explore nice shops and have a bite to eat.
– Shopping and food in the Neubau area: Burggasse, Zollergasse, Kirchengasse und Umgebung
– Ice cream at Veganista (Neustiftgasse) or just around the corner from the Hotel zum Brillantengrund, in Eissalon De Pellegrin (Westbahnstraße)